Robinlovers Forum  

Go Back   Robinlovers Forum > All about Rio Grande Pickups > For Strat

Old 11-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Default Just when you think your mind's made up,,,

,,,some poster comes along and rocks the boat (and THANK YOU!!),,, and although I know the sky's the limit & the choices unlimited, I was tipped off to look into Rio Grande pups, in particular, either a full set of Tallboy single coils, or either a Tallboy HB or a Muy Grande HB for the bridge. With the intention of having a push/pull to split the coils for either 1 or both HB coils on for the #2 position, which HB would a better blend with the middle Tallboy? Although I seek as vintage of a sound as possible, I can live with an 'ever so slightly' hotter output,, but not too much so as to sacrifice the vintage sound!!

FWIW, my original sound-search had led me to most likely a set of SD Surfers, with either the Custom Surfer or the Texas Hot in the bridge. I wasn't really able to settle on a suitable split-able SD HB, espec. w/o being able to hear all this stuff to know what would yield the best #2 sound.

Full set of Tallboys,,,or Muy Grande singles,?? or maybe even a Muy Grande SC & 2 Tallyboy's?? Ya see, I'm all over the place~~~ uggh

So, rock my boat some more, and suggestions are always welcome, but at this similar price range!!
Thanks!!
z
Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Default Choices

Give me a buzz at 713-957-0470...

I'll give you some help.

Dave
Rio Grande Pickups
Old 11-05-2014, 10:18 AM

Default Just when you think your mind's made up,,,

Thanks David!! Will do.