Robinlovers Forum  

Go Back   Robinlovers Forum > All about Rio Grande Pickups > For Strat

Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 PM

Default Strat help needed for choosing 3rd single coil

I currently own a rather new-looking Fender Mexican 2005 sunburst strat, it's all pretty straight forward, and I have also recently aquired 2 single coil RG p/u's: both Muy Grande's (one reverse wound) that read between about 8.1 and 8.2 on the meter each (using an older dial meter, NOT a digital one). I would like to know what a good third p/u would be, and if I should be using these 2 for the middle & bridge, or middle & neck? Any help?

I was really hoping to throw a Dirt Harry in the mix cause I love P90s so much, especially the RG Bastard & Fat Bastard (humbucker sized) I put in my 2005 set neck black Fender Korean Telecaster that I love so much. She sounds like bacon smells! Which Dirty Harry would I need, and which position would it be going in (neck vs bridge)? I'm a drummer 1st & foremost, so I really just wanna a great sounding set of RG's here. Its not like I'm gonna rewrite The White Album or anything, so please no "depends on what you like/there are no rules" posts. I wanna fair & balanced strat-sounding "strat" where one p/u doesn't overpower the other two, and all three blend evenly, since I use the 2nd & 4th postion so much with the p/u selector. Or maybe I should dump these and get a full set all at once? I dunno. Please help!

Thanks, y'all! And rock on, RG!!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:56 PM

I've heard good reviews on the Stelly... if you're going for a Tele sound which I am...

I had a question about the Stelly if anyone knows: Can you put a pickup cover on a Stelly pickup? I wanted to put an aged white cover on it but didn't know if it would fit or if the Stelly even takes covers...